O.’s wife wants to take their child out of the country to study, but O. is against this. Can O. prevent this?

No. One of the parents can take the child out of the country without the permission of the other. The only prerequisite is a child has a passport, and in Armenia a passport is issued to a child under the age of 16 at the request of one of the parents. O. can file a complaint with the police indicating his disagreement with the child’s receipt of the passport, in which case the issuance of the child’s passport will be rejected.

Call Now