When is an inheritance performed by law?
By law, inheritance occurs when:
• the heir has not left a will;
• all heirs according to the will have renounced the inheritance;
• the heir of the will died before the heir and there are no designated heirs;
• the will is made in respect of a portion of the property, and the remainder of the will is according to the rules of inheritance by law;
• The will has been declared void in whole or in part.
• The will states to deprive certain heirs of the right to inherit, without mentioning other heirs, who may thereby inherit by law.
Where any of the conditions set forth herein exists, as well as one of the four persons designated by law as one of the persons designated by law, the inheritance of the property shall be effected in accordance with the rules of inheritance by law.